Stipends(The information below is preliminary and may be subject to change.)
We urge students to look for alternative sources of funding in the meantime, as the number of stipends is really limited. We would appreciate it if students that have found such alternative funding inform us of this straight away, so we can award the stipends to those students that need it most.
To apply for a stipend, please send your application by email to the organisers at firstname.lastname@example.org before May 30, 2020. Eligible applications need to contain:
- brief CV,
- motivation letter (at most 1 page) written by the student, and
- signed letter from the supervisor stating that no funds are available to cover the registration fee, and explaining why attendance to the summerschool is important to the student applying. If you do not have a supervisor (yet), please provide another source that can provide a similar kind of statement.
Notifications will be sent out by June 15, 2020. The selected students will have two weeks (by July 1, 2020 at the latest) to confirm their acceptance after being informed of their selection. If they do not confirm within this time, the respective grant will be reassigned to another applicant. Applicants that were not awarded a stipend will be offered the opportunity to still register for the early bird registration rates within two weeks after they have been informed of the decision (by July 1, 2020 at the latest). This is subject to availability, however! To guarantee attendance applicants are advised to register for the summerschool in parallel with their application for a stipend, and cover the costs from other funds in case they are not awarded a stipend. In case the applicant that was not awarded a stipend does not register and pay the early bird registration fee within two weeks of notification, the registration is dropped.
- expected benefit for the applicant of attending the summerschool, based on the CV and motivation letter,
- probability of attracting alternative funding if not awarded a stipend, based on supervisor letter and general funding situation of the school/country the applicant is studying in, and
- whether awarding the application improves the gender and/or geographical balance of the summerschool.
Application deadline: May 30, 2020
Notification: June 15, 2020
Awarded applicants: confirmation of attendance by July 1, 2020
Non-awarded applicants: registration and payment by July 1, 2020