The Interdisciplinary Summerschool on Privacy offers a very limited number of stipends, for those students that do not have their own funds to cover the registration fee. We are unfortunately not able to cover travel costs. We especially welcome early-stage scholars who have no tenured position upon applying and who currently reside in low or middle income countries.
We urge students to look for alternative sources of funding in the meantime, as the number of stipends is really limited. We would appreciate it if students that have found such alternative funding inform us of this straight away, so we can award the stipends to those students that need it most.
The selected students will have two weeks to confirm their acceptance after being informed of their selection. If they do not confirm within this time, the respective grant will be reassigned to another applicant.
To apply for a stipend, please send your application by email to Mrs Irma Haerkens at email@example.com before April 15. Applications should contain:
- a motivation letter (at most 1 page) written by the student,
- a signed letter from the supervisor stating that no funds are available to cover the registration fee, and explaining why attendance to the summerschool is important to the student applying, and
- a brief CV.
Notifications will be sent out by May 1st. Applicants that were not awarded a stipend will be offered the opportunity to still register for the early bird registration rates after they have been informed of the decision. This is subject to availability, however! To guarantee attendance applicants are advised to register for the summerschool in parallel with their application for a stipend, and cover the costs from other funds in case they are not awarded a stipend.
All applications will be judged by the school director and two members of the organising committee. Applications will be ranked according to the following criteria:
- expected benefit for the applicant of attending the summerschool, based on the CV and motivation letter,
- probability of attracting alternative funding if not awarded a stipend, based on supervisor letter and general funding situation of the school/country the applicant is studying in, and
- whether awarding the application improves the gender and/or geographical balance of the summerschool.
Students awarded a stipend are expected to attend the summerschool in full and to help the organisers with small chores. Failure to comply will void the awarded stipend, in which case students will beinvoiced for the registration fee afterwards.